Are probation officers and parole officers responsible to collect the restitution?

Currently, ORC 2929.18 and 2929.28 states that restitution must be made to the victim in open court, to the probation department, to the clerk of courts, or another agency as designated by the court. The actual collection of restitution may be the responsibility of the victim, though a prosecutor who is willing to help when asked by a victim or the court may also seek probation revocation or a contempt finding when defendants fail to pay. Implementing legislation may include a provision making a restitution order an automatic civil judgment, and therefore an automatic lien on the defendant’s real property. This will provide victims with another avenue to collect restitution.